Fancy a guilt free Easter weekend? Well you have hopped over to the right place because we are sharing our dairy and refined sugar free healthy easter egg recipe so you can still have a guilt-free Easter holiday!
After numerous taste tests in the mio kitchen, we can assure you that these eggs are so scrumptious and have the most delicious ‘melt in your mouth’ texture so you won’t feel like you are missing out on store-bought eggs which are often low in cocoa content and high in refined sugar to compensate.
So you’re interested in learning how to make these healthy Easter eggs then let’s get cracking!
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
3 Tbs Agave Nectar (or Maple Syrup)
A pinch of salt
For the rocky road crispies:
1 Tbs brown rice puffs
1 Tbs diced dried cranberries
1 Tbs diced unsalted peanuts
4 Tbs of the chocolate mixture above
- Place your chocolate moulds into the freezer to get them nice and cold!
- Put your coconut oil in a saucepan over a low heat and stir it continuously until it is melted. You don’t want your coconut oil to be warm!
- Put your agave nectar and cocoa powder into the coconut oil and stir with a whisk and it becomes a nice smooth liquid.
- Get your moulds out of the fridge and spoon 1 Tbs of the chocolate mixture into one mould at a time. Swirl the chocolate around to coat the entire mould. Then repeat in the next mould.
- Put the moulds back into the freezer for a few minutes until the chocolate is set.
- Now you have the option to get creative and add in some delicious ingredients to make some delicious Easter eggs! We’ve decided to make crispy rocky road eggs with puffed brown rice, cranberries and unsalted peanuts but you could add in some desiccated coconut, ground chocolate and hazelnut spread or peppermint essence to jazz up your eggs!
- Put your rocky road ingredients in a bowl and add in the chocolate mixture. Stir until well combined. Place the mixture about into the moulds, about 3/4 full.
- Fill up the rest of the mould with the chocolate mixture (ensure the rocky road mixture is covered!).
- Put the eggs into the freezer for 20 minutes until they are set.
- Take the moulds out of the freezer and pop out the easter eggs. If you want to make whole eggs then use some chocolate mixture to stick both part of the egg together. Place them back into the fridge until you’re ready to devour your Easter eggs!
We hope you enjoy these delicious tasty and healthy Easter eggs! Hoppy easter!