Strong defined muscles will help smoothen out your skin on the surface. Kick-start and rebuild muscle mass by doing toning exercises specifically aimed at the areas you feel are heading south, whether your boobs, bum, tummy, thighs or all of the above.
Body brushing and exfoliation both go a long way for your skin’s health and appearance. Body brushing improves your circulation and helps with lymphatic drainage, which translates to smoother skin. Exfoliation sloughs off old dull skin cells and speeds up cell regeneration, while brushing improves circulation to encourage the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the skin. This keeps it looking firm, fresh, youthful and radiant. Mio Double Buff is our new favourite!
Turn to skincare that exfoliates, tightens, nourishes and moisturises skin to combat crepiness and sagging. Think juicy grape, not wrinkly raisin! Skin Tight tightening body serum has you covered.
So you’ve eliminated the baby bump, but you’re still left with bumps of the cellulite variety. You’re not alone, and rest assured things will smooth out as your estrogen levels get back to normal. The keys to improving the appearance of cellulite are boosting your skin’s microcirculation and reinforcing your connective tissue, and Shrink To Fit gives your skin the helping hand it needs. In addition to flushing out toxins and increasing much needed “flow” beneath the skin’s surface, this nourishing lotion also hydrates skin to help plump up the appearance of nooks and crannies.
You’ve also probably had the green light to get back to the gym, and exercise boosts the macrocirculation that moves blood around your body—and reduces the appearance of cellulite. At the same time, up your water intake and treat your trouble spots to extra massage, and you’re on your way to getting your pre-baby body back.
First they were your normal size, then they were big, and now they’re probably a bit smaller again. Are you wondering why your boobs can’t make up their mind? Second only to your belly, your boobs undergo the most radical change during and after pregnancy, and you want them to come out the other side looking their best!
PREGNANCY BOOB TUBE
Pregnancy Boob Tube protects, cools and soothes pregnant and new mama boobs. Rich in vital Omegas (which are naturally depleted during pregnancy and nursing) to lock in hydration and elasticise and natural firmers and antioxidants to strengthen and protect skin from sagging. We have even sourced the incredible extract from cabbage, the age-old secret to help soothe swollen nursing boobs.
Once your baby is no longer breastfeeding, you may want to ramp up the firming benefits and switch to
Mio Boob Tube +.
This is a major post-pregnancy trouble spot, and taking an inside/out approach is the best way to get your body back on track. On the inside, you need to target the muscles that stretched out while you were pregnant and restore that internal ‘corset’ that holds everything together.
On the outside, you need to whip your skin back into shape with skin brushing (or another exfoliation method) and massage to ease bloating and boost circulation while treating your skin to beneficial ingredients like algae extracts and caffeine.
Our product pick to whip flabby tummies into shape is Get Waisted. Get Waisted will help tighten, de-bloat and discourage fat deposits by increasing lipolysis, the breakdown of fat. When exercise alone won’t give you the tummy you want, Get Waisted!
You are so ready to get your whole body super healthy and your skin working at peak performance. Here are our top superfoods picks for super skin.
Superfoods for super firm skin
It’s no secret that a healthy diet filled with superfoods can help you achieve firm, fit skin. When you design your diet to work for you, and not against you, you can get inside-out benefits for a bevy of beauty concerns like sagging skin
1. Omegas: Watch out, saggy skin, because these essential fatty acids have their eyes on you. Essential for boosting your skin’s elasticity so it fits like a glove once again, you can load up your plate with oily fish like salmon and nuts, or ensure your body gets the omegas it needs with a daily supplement.
2. Organic Soy protein: Rich in amino acids, vitamin E and antioxidants, soy protein gives your skin the building blocks it needs to stay smooth, hydrated and crepe-free. If you’re a vegetarian or vegan, you’re all too familiar with tofu and the like, but the next time you’re out for sushi, make your order of edamame a double! Go for organic whenever you can.
3. Artichoke hearts: Great on a salad or as a side for your salmon, artichoke hearts are packed with folic acid, vitamin C, potassium and biotin, which help protect your collagen and increase skin firmness.
Cellulite busting foods and tips
1. Eat your water: Is it a coincidence that fat, sugar and other bad-for-your-skin foods don’t contain any water? Water-rich foods like fruits and vegetables are rich in nutrients—and valuable hydration that can plump up your skin, helping it look healthy and smooth. Ditch sugary, salty processed foods in favor of fresh fruits and veggies for fit skin.
2. Citrus fruits: Grapefruit, lemons, oranges… Take your pick. Citrus fruits are high in vitamin C, which is essential for strengthening collagen (and preventing fat cells from poking through) from the inside.
3. Avoid diet soda and cola there have been recent studies that suggest that diet drinks actually make cellulite worse. They are packed with unnatural ingredients and increase toxicity in your body. Try plain old water (pop some rosemary or cucumber in it for flavor), green and other herbal teas – refreshing AND antioxidant-rich.
Flat tummy foods
1. Cucumber: Crunch on cucumbers so their caffeic acid can go to work on swelling and bloating.
2. Celery: Celery is a great source of water and electrolytes, which your body needs a lot of, especially when you’re active. And it’s a lot healthier than sugary sports drinks and a lot less scary than all the “energy” ones – yikes!
3. Watercress, asparagus and artichokes: These veggies are natural diuretics, which means they help banish bloat safely and effectively.
Big belly foods…
Boost the effect of flat tummy foods by eliminating big belly foods. Among the no-no’s are white carbs like regular pasta and white rice, excess alcohol (yes, we know how exciting it is to be back in the booze saddle – albeit one glass gets you tiddly now) and wheat. And gluten? We’re talking about you, too.